Membership & Support
Donate an amount of your choice
Want to donate another amount or make an additional gift to ESS? Choose your own one-time or monthly contribution:
ESS was conceived in 1986 as a safe space for experimentation and exploration. Thirty years later we remain dedicated to that mission as we continue to facilitate, present, and document some of the most dynamic work being made today. This work, and the artists who make it, are essential to the progression of contemporary culture. As we embark on the coming year, ESS looks to you, our community, to support us in this endeavor.
In addition to serving the sound and art communities for 30 years, we've racked up some other impressive numbers over the past 12 months:
- We recorded 311 artists in sessions and performances
- We presented 78 performances at ESS and at various partner venues
- We worked with 20 programming and presenting partners
- We supported the new work of 6 Resident Artists through our ARP and Wavefront residencies
- We packed 7 amazing acts into one day of SUMMERSONIC
- We celebrated with 200 people who joined us for a momentous 30th anniversary celebration
Here's what your membership helps us accomplish:
- $4/month - keeps the lights on and our equipment powered up for a week
- $10/month - replenishes our office supplies, light bulbs, and gaffer's tape
- $17/month - pays an artist a fare wage for a performance or to teach a class
- $40/month - funds two hours of recording and expert consultation for artists in residence to produce new works
- $65/month - funds exhibition costs in Audible Gallery for the year
We're also excited to offer all ESS donors one free ticket to a performance at High Concept Labs in 2017. This is part of a new reciprocal program we're launching in 2017 meant to encourage audiences to go try new performances and experiences around town. Keep an eye out as we add more partner organizations to the program!
Employee Matching Gifts
Double your support by securing a matching contribution from your employer. Corporations that provide matching support will be recognized on ESS’s website.
As a Corporate Donor, you have the opportunity to reach out and become involved with an international audience through your support of OPTION. Your support is more than a donation—it is an investment in the legacy and future of improvised music.
ESS is happy to work with its Corporate Sponsors to tailor a benefits package that best suits their community goals and directives.
Corporate Sponsor benefits vary depending on level of support, and may include:
- Logo listing on the ESS OPTION streaming channel
- Discounted admission for up to 5 employees
- Preferred seating for up to 5 employees
- Unlimited Benefit Compilation downloads
- Access to the OPTION Video Archive
- Logo listing on ESS's webpage, with a hyperlink to your corporation’s home page
- Opportunity to host a private event at ESS with room rental fee waived*
- Opportunity to host a catered dinner party for 10 in the space*
*Catering and related costs to be assumed by sponsor; events are scheduled based on availability.
ESS gladly accepts support in the form of donated services, products, and promotions that help supplement our programming.
Please contact Olivia Junell with questions or for more information regarding Corporate Sponsorship, Matching Gifts, or In-Kind Contributions.